About the role:
This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert who can deliver quality work on a consistent basis in a fast-paced environment and actively growing brewery.
- Diligent when working independently
- Cooperative and supportive when working with your team
- A thorough, professional and consistent communicator
- Willing, helpful, sincere, reserved
On the job, you excel at...
- Understanding rules and regulations
- Having specific knowledge of the job
- Minimizing errors
- Achieving goals consistently and efficiently
- Working thoroughly, leaving nothing to chance
You are skilled at...
- Brew house operation and the brewing process
- Recipe development
- SOP’s of all aspects of the brewing process to create batch to batch consistency
- Detailed record keeping of the brewed batches to continually improve product quality and processes
- Being mindful of safety (lifting, chemicals, hot liquids and hardware, inhalation hazards, noise)
- Driving a forklift
- Sensory analysis to maintain quality control
You know how to...
- Execute a brew day from start to finish
- Conduct basic quality procedures such as pH, gravity, and temperature measurements and associated record keeping
- Caustic CIP of Fermenters, Brite Tanks, and Brewhouses
- Complete tank breakdown and inspection as part of cleaning
- Tank purging
- Transferring beers
- Cold-side ingredient addition
- Yeast propagation, feeding, and cell counts
- Fermentation monitoring and documentation
- Raw materials monitoring, handling, and record keeping
During a work week, you will regularly...
- Split time between brewing and cellaring related to both our 2-vessel 20 barrel Sprinkman system and 3.5 barrel pilot brewhouse
- Monitor equipment needs and report to Head Brewer
- Follow up on maintenance requests
- Identify, communicate and solve inconsistencies
- Involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials
- Stands and/or traverses brewery for long periods of time
- Frequently climbs stairs/staircase
- Frequently bends, moves, transports, or lifts 60 pounds, and moves 165 pounds safely.
- Can work in both hot and cold temperatures
While the job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that processes can be completed on time and error-free, our brewhouse is fast paced. The demands of the job are rapidly changing as we scale production to meet our current market demand. You will actively be asking to inform and build processes and systems, in addition to executing existing SOP’s.\
Job knowledge is expected. Ongoing development will be through hands-on training and support from management and peers.
To apply, submit the following form: