When we first came up with the concept for the Rapid Prototype Factory Series – our line of numbered, experimental one-off beers – we knew that it would be a test kitchen for potential seasonal releases. Sooner or later, we’d release something that stuck out as a keeper. Well, family, you’ve made one thing abundantly clear – RPF 013: Cucumber Wheat is a keeper. And so without further ado, we bring you our first beer to graduate from the Rapid Prototype Factory and become a full-fledged seasonal: GARDEN PARTY.
And so, to celebrate the re-release of the newest member of our seasonal lineup, we’re getting some friends together and having a Garden Party. On Saturday, August 30th from 4pm – 9pm, we’re taking over The Brew Gentlemen parking lot and hosting an evening of vegetable-themed merriment. We’ll have plenty of Garden Party on tap, bottles available for purchase (limited to 300), and a schedule of various beer infusions throughout the afternoon. Here’s who’ll be hanging out with us:
- Kevin Sousa of Superior Motors with complimentary small-bite pairings using fresh veggies from Braddock Farms
- PGH Taco Truck with a few special beer-n-veggie themed tacos
- Ink Division selling limited-edition prints and Braddock apparel, as well as hosting a hot pepper tasting from Greenfield Gardens
- Braddock Farms holding a mini farmers’ market, selling produce grown just down the street from the brewery
- Shauna Kearns with fresh bread from the Braddock Community Oven
- Bar Marco mixing up Garden Party cocktails
- Burgh Bites Cart with a summer cookout menu of grilled corn and wings
- Gyros N’at (formerly Tony’s Gyros) doing a special vegetable-heavy Mediterranean menu
- The Pittsburgh Urban Gardening Project sharing about urban gardens and slinging delicious pickled goods
- DJ Duke spinning them good summertime tunes on vinyl
WHEN: August 30th, 2014 from 4pm – 9pm
WHERE: The Brew Gentlemen Beer Co. – 512 Braddock Ave., Braddock PA 15104
All are welcome to join. Stay in the loop by joining the event page on Facebook, where we will post updates, parking info, the beer schedule, and other event information!